Monday, January 2, 2012

Wecome 2012, Please Be Nice

I do not enter 2012 as anxiously and proudly as I did 2011, but with trepidation and caution. I've been learning the hard way that God allows hardships and provides changes in our lives for our growth and his ultimate Glory. After much prayer and contemplation, I have chosen some pretty aggressive goals for 2012, goals that were chosen to draw me closer to Him and greater prepare me for his service. But I realize that goals have no purpose without God's guidance and Grace.

I had read and tried desperately to implement the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey. This book was a great encouragement as it affirmed the principle of grounding one's life on character values as opposed to vain pursuits of capitol, fame, or empty entertainment. I was daily strengthened in the fact that a life centered on Christ alone can bring about effective results.

This year, it is my desire to let God reveal his plan for my life by accepting the Grace to receive those results, no matter what they may be or how "effective" I may perceive them to be. Psalm 33:4-6 says "For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth." Thank you Lord, that your plans for me are just and loving, and may contentment for your plans for me be my daily prayer.

No comments: