Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bacon & Chive Cheese Ball

I made this for a family gathering the tonight and it was a big hit. I used bacon processed without nitrates so it turned out great. The brand of Liquid Smoke I used had no MSG so I felt it safe to use. The recipe would turn out fine without it, but I thought it added great flavor.

2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoons minced chives
2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Amino's
1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke (optional)
1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds for topping

Combine first seven ingredients together and refrigerate for 1/2 hour, then shape into ball. Roll in remaining sesame seeds and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with gluten free crackers of cut vegetables.

No comments: