Thursday, February 19, 2009

Living Cuisine


The Art and Spirit of Raw Foods
By Renee Loux Underkoffler

A complete guide to eating and living raw, with more than 300 irresistible gourmet recipes.



This book contains so much information about food; it's health benefits, properties and uses. There is an extensive section which list the contents of a healthful food pantry. Her detailed description of the different types of oils and their production was very useful to myself as I try to make my own salad dressings. There is also an interesting chapter about herbs, edible flowers, and spices. Her description of raw food preparation techniques is useful and easy to understand. I've only just started trying some of the many delicious recipes. I don't plan to become totally vegan (and my family would definitely boycott the idea), but after reading Renee's book, I certainly feel more ready to try some of these delicious recipes.

No comments: