Friday, October 3, 2008

Tremendous Trio

When the girls were very little, I used to coordinate their outfits with my own, and even try to wear matching outfits when we could. The result was usually some extra attention at church or at the store. But most of all it was just plain fun and the girls always enjoyed it. I anticipated a day when they would become too cool to dress like mom. But somehow the girls and myself have developed an uncanny habit of dressing similar, or coordinated, and surprisingly, it doesn't bother them!
This is how it usually happens: I wake up, get dressed, and call the girls to wake up. They each dress (or trot down stairs for shower) and then come down for breakfast. When Hannah descends the stairs, Sarah exits the bathroom and I round the corner from the kitchen, we find ourselves in matching outfits. There is always a huge laugh and a couple of "I can't believe it happened again!"s. But since the girls don't mind (and because no one wants to give up their cool outfit) We Match! What do you think? Tremendous Trio or too much of a good thing? Judging by the smiles on their faces, I guess we can't have too much of a this good thing!

No comments: